国外网站
当前位置:首页 > 阅读 > 英语阅读

双语阅读|《老人与海》第四十一期

2018-10-13 21:55:38 来源:国外网站推荐 - 由[国外网站大全]整理

The breeze was fresh now and he sailed on well.

这时风刮得强劲些了,他顺利地航行着。

He watched only the forward part of the fish and some of his hope returned.

他只顾盯着鱼的上半身,恢复了一点儿希望。

41.jpg

It is silly not to hope, he thought.

不抱希望才蠢哪,他想。

Besides I believe it is a sin.

再说,我认为这是一桩罪过。

Do not think about sin, he thought.

别想罪过了,他想。

There are enough problems now without sin.

麻烦已经够多了,还想什么罪过。

Also I have no understanding of it.

何况我根本不懂这个。

I have no understanding of it and I am not sure that I believe in it.

我根本不懂这个,也说不准我是不是相信。

Perhaps it was a sin to kill the fish.

也许杀死这条鱼是一桩罪过。

I suppose it was even though I did it to keep me alive and feed many people.

我看该是的,尽管我是为了养活自己并且给许多人吃用才这样干的。

But then everything is a sin.

不过话得说回来,什么事都是罪过啊。

Do not think about sin.

别想罪过了吧。

It is much too late for that and there are people who are paid to do it.

现在想它也实在太迟了,而且有些人是拿了钱来干这个的。

Let them think about it.

让他们去考虑吧。

You were born to be a fisherman as the fish was born to be a fish.

你天生是个渔夫,正如那鱼天生就是一条鱼一样。

San Pedro was a fisherman as was the father of the great DiMaggio.

圣彼得是个渔夫,跟那了不起的迪马吉奥的父亲一样。

But he liked to think about all things that he was involved in and since there was nothing to read and he did not have a radio, he thought much and he kept on thinking about sin.

但是他喜欢去想一切他给卷在里头的事,而且因为没有书报可看,又没有收音机,他就想得很多,只顾想着罪过。

You did not kill the fish only to keep alive and to sell for food, he thought.

你不光是为了养活自己、把鱼卖了买食品才杀死它的,他想。

You killed him for pride and because you are a fisherman.

你杀死它是为了自尊心,因为你是个渔夫。

You loved him when he was alive and you loved him after.

它活着的时候你爱它,它死了你还是爱它。

If you love him, it is not a sin to kill him.

如果你爱它,杀死它就不是罪过。

Or is it more?

也许是更大的罪过吧?

"You think too much, old man," he said aloud.

“你想得太多了,老家伙,"他说出声来。

But you enjoyed killing the dentuso, he thought.

但是你很乐意杀死那条登多索鲨,他想。

He lives on the live fish as you do.

它跟你一样,靠吃活鱼维持生命。

He is not a scavenger nor just a moving appetite as some sharks are.

它不是食腐动物,也不像有些鲨鱼那样,只知道游来游去满足食欲。

He is beautiful and noble and knows no fear of anything.

它是美丽而崇高的,见什么都不怕。

"I killed him in self-defense," the old man said aloud.

"我杀死它是为了自卫,"老人说出声来。

"And I killed him well."

"杀得也很利索。”

Besides, he thought, everything kills everything else in some way.

再说,他想,每样东西都杀死别的东西,不过方式不同罢了。

Fishing kills me exactly as it keeps me alive.

捕鱼养活了我,同样也快把我害死了。

The boy keeps me alive, he thought.

那孩子使我活得下去,他想。

I must not deceive myself too much.

我不能过分地欺骗自己。

He leaned over the side and pulled loose a piece of the meat of the fish where the shark had cut him.

他把身子探出船舷,从鱼身上被鲨鱼咬过的地方撕下一块肉。

He chewed it and noted its quality and its good taste.

他咀嚼着,觉得肉质很好,味道鲜美。

It was firm and juicy, like meat, but it was not red.

又坚实又多汁,像牲口的肉,不过不是红色的。

There was no stringiness in it and he knew that it would bring the highest price in the market.

一点筋也没有,他知道在市场上能卖最高的价钱。

But there was no way to keep its scent out of the water and the old man knew that a very bad time was coming.

可是没有办法让它的气味不散布到水里去,老人知道糟糕透顶的时刻就快来到了。


推荐阅读